15 Oct American Lamb Board’s Supplier Coop Funding Program Accepting Applications
The American Lamb Board (ALB) is now soliciting applications for their FY 2019 Supplier Coop Program. The ALB Supplier Coop Program is designed to support American Lamb suppliers and Direct Marketers and their branded promotions and marketing activities. Any company and/or organizations that sells American Lamb is eligible and encouraged to apply for funding. The program is a one-time/annual application process with applications due on Wednesday, October 31st.
Participants in the program have helped expand the ALB’s efforts to expose consumers to the great taste and versatility of American Lamb and educate consumers, chefs, foodservice distributors, retailers and influencers about the benefits of American Lamb.
Examples of successful programs that have been funded in the past include:
- Cattail Creek (OR) and Four Hill Farms (KY) both leveraged coop funds to conduct in store lamb sampling and cooking demos at Whole Foods Markets in their regions
- Anderson Ranches used coop funds to produce a consumer grilling video
- Coop funds helped Triple M Bar Ranch created a promotion to move lamb cuts during the off farmers market season
- Superior Farms developed a series of cooking videos and farmer/rancher profile videos utilizing coop funds
- Mountain States utilized funds to create new marketing materials targeting the Hispanic market, hosted educational workshops for retailers and foodservice distributors and engaged bloggers to develop recipes and share information about their brand
- Catelli Brothers developed Branded Sales and Marketing Materials for American Lamb
- Napa Valley Lamb/Wooley Weeders leveraged funds to update and modernize their website
- Dollar for dollar match
- Detailed budget
- ALB acknowledgement
- USDA approval of all promotional materials
- Promotes American Lamb to appropriate target audiences (NOT INDUSTRY)
- Aligns with ALB strategies (Summary of American LambStrategic Plan )
For more information visitor contact Rae Maestas at or 303-759-3001 ext. 3.